With northern Thai design flourishes and panoramic sea views, Villa Shambala is an elegant holiday home set high on the hillside near Surin Beach. Embodying its Sanskrit name – ‘a place of peace’ – this four-bedroom, fully staffed villa blends contemporary style with its majestic natural surrounds to form a serene and welcoming escape for families and groups.
Let the days drift by as you relax in the comfort of Shambala’s generous living spaces, which include an open-plan kitchen, living and dining area that opens front and back to the tropical hillside. Take in the sea views from the terrace while soaking in the 20-metre infinity pool or retreat to the furnished deck at the rear of the villa, where the hill’s rock face, trickling with spring water, forms a natural wall and adds a soothing touch – perfect for a quiet read or yoga session. Find more privacy and peace in the four king-bedded suites, each with sea views, sumptuous marble bathrooms and terrazzo bathtubs.
- 20-metre infinity pool with swim-up bar.
- Full-time villa manager; housekeepers; chef; and 24-hour estate security.
- Large modern kitchen, fully equipped with premium appliances. Suggestion menu with an emphasis on Thai cuisine, all prepared by the full-time chef. Special dietary requests accommodated wherever possible.
- WiFi broadband internet; local telephone calls included.
- Flat-screen TV with surround sound; international cable channels; DVD player and film library; iPod/MP3 dock; book selection.
- Living and media room; indoor dining for 6; furnished shaded deck with natural rock wall; pool terrace and sundeck; poolside sala with loveseat and outdoor dining for 6.
- Villa welcomes families who will delight in the villa’s large pool, relaxing living areas and TV/DVD entertainment facilities. Children’s equipment, including baby cots and high chairs, may be hired from a local agency on request (extra fees apply).